An analysis of prohibited persons list may be found by following in the above publication. This publication aims to provide a high-level translation of the prohibited person list from the Greek to the English language. The Greek original version is available by following this link.
Translation of the Prohibited Persons List
Assessment of application for the granting of the Cyprus Nationality to none Cypriot in accordance with the Cyprus Investment Programme from high-risk applicants.
(Meeting of the Council of Ministers 25.7.2019)
The Council decides to approve that, the Cyprus Investment Programme […] does not provide to an applicant the Cyprus Nationality to any person which is classified within the categories of high-risk persons as below:
- Politically Exposed Persons, including:
- Persons holding public office.
- Persons which held public office the last five years.
- Persons who are subject to criminal investigation without charges applied.
- Persons currently in trial.
- Persons who have been found guilty of serious offences (e.g. bribery, tax evasion, a.o) and which have been pardoned.
- Persons associated with European Union sanctioned legal entities.
- Persons associated with European Union sanctioned legal entities but no longer are associated with them.
- Persons against which sanctions from third countries apply (e.g. USA, Ukraine and Russia)
- Persons associated with legal entities sanctioned by third countries.
- Persons investigated and finally prosecuted for criminal offences or/and are wanted by EUROPOL or INTERPOL.
- Persons subject to sanctions from the Security Council of the United Nations.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2022 from us at The Cyprus Lawyer may 2022